These Chocolate Date Balls are really, really tasty. Packed with a number of superfood and wholefood ingredients, and raw-food diet friendly, this chocolate date ball superfood recipe is fast to make and will surely be a hit with the whole family.
- 350g of fresh or dried dates (pitted).
- Juice of 2 lemons (3 tablespoons)
- Zest of 2 lemons (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 – 4 tbsp Coconut Oil (if not liquified, place in microwave for 15 sec
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 & 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of Chia
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder
- Chop dates roughly. Soak in lemon juice and zest for 1 hour.
- Place the soaked dates, sea salt, coconut oil, cinnamon and 1 cip or the shedded coconut in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Mix remaining shredded coconut, Cacao powder and Chia Seeds in a sperate, clean, dry bowl. This forms the coating for the balls.
- Place all of the wet mix created in step 2 into the bowl with the coating in it, and roll the wet ingredients around as one big ball (this will help scoop out smaller balls without them sticking to your fingers).
- Scoop out 1-2 tsp of batter at a time, shape into a ball and roll in remaining coating. Line a glass container with baking paper, and place in the freezer. Keep in freezer until you are ready to eat them.
The pharmacy carries a range of yummy superfoods to help you make delish creations like these balls!